The following are case studies from the various clients we have helped.
Problem: We were approached by a construction that had previously worked with three different "web people". They were un-happy with the site design and more importantly with the results of the web site. They had budgeted money in a Pay Per Click Campaign (PPC), and were not seeing the returns they had hoped. We accessed their Analytics account and their PPC data. The following is the outline of the problem.
- Their daily budget wasn't capped.
- They were paying for keywords that were not on their site.
- Several of their ads were rejected.
- Majority of the keyword selection was for high frequency words that were at premium prices.
- They were running ads in magazines and merged magazine ad leads with internet leads.
- They had many coding errors on the site.
- They had never attempted a link building campaign.
- They did not know how many visitors came to the site and of these how many contacted them.
As a result of these errors they spent over $20,000 in one year for PPC, $17,000 in one month, with no leads.
Our Solution: Using the 4C principle, we went to work on the website. Here is what we did:
- We used the existing design, and re-coded the site with semantic markup and proper use of HTML & CSS coding.
- We created a keyword list, using industry standard keywords, customer understood words, and suggested variations.
- We evaluated competitors sites for keyword usage and valued market viability of competing.
- We re-wrote copy to utilize keywords, keeping as much of the original content.
- We changed headers, title tags, head tags, etc. to Implement keywords.
- We wrote PPC ads that used the keywords in the content on the website.
- We redesigned the contact form, to help designate web contacts from Magazine leads.
- We analyzed the Analytics and PPC reports to track traffic and leads.
- We capped daily spending. Reduced the PPC budget to $300 a month.
From these changes the client had fewer clicks on Ads, but they received 3 to 5 contacts from the website a month. The clients conversion rates for the leads was 50%. Average residential job started at $5,000 and commercial jobs at $75,000.